Friday, February 24, 2006

Some absolutely random class poetry which meant a lot when we wrote it or how things get outdated very fast

Credit to Deepa for contributing some of the poetry here.

Marketing Research class


In the quest to find man's perch
Let's conduct market research
In this B-School rat-race
I'm the most hopeless case

When I was younger, they told me I'd go far
But here I am stuck in MR
So I sit, way back in the rear
Wondering if this is worth,
Eight lakhs a year

I sit in the mess eating a blackened toast
Aiming to reach the top of the flag post
The farther I go, the lesser I see
I wish that I'd be set free

Pre-Placement Talks

Oh! a boring PPT again
I'm convinced these people are insane
Making us wait for no reason
Welcome to the placement season

Dreaming of the rosy picture that awaits you?
That is the the destiny of the chosen few
The rest roam the streets looking for a client
Others end up becoming tools pliant

The lady tries to speak her way out
At every turn, looking for the choicest word
It's all above the heads of the manager-lout
The money's got the fancy of the herd

Guest Lecture on a Sunday

Its Sunday, the party's over
I can see that some've missed breakfast
Outside the door, I see the presenter hover
You can be sure this isn't the last

What a captive audience are we
Woken up in the early morn'
Dragged in to hear a 'talk' you see
Were we for this purpose born?

Resting heads on palms, I see
Seems a marathon session 'tis going to be
From transaction to relationship
A sane mind I don't think I can keep

He calls himself a storyteller
What I think, he's just a seller
Come here to give a talk
His goods, now he wants to hawk

'Let's change' he says, 'the para-dig-um'
Doesn't go well with people reeking of rum
Smirks, stares and yawns I see
Switching your brains off, that's the key

Arbit Lectures

A mess of circles on the board
Inventory systems of a single point
I say that its just a hoard
All this teaching is disjoint

Read a little, then read some more
Just skim through cases, its such a chore
The subjects such boredom bring
That even doggerels seem interesting

Dividends and equity all so breezy
The class ends, I'm left feeling queasy
Capital Assets and lending rates prime
All over my head, what a crime

In the waters of finance, I navigate my ship
The shore recedes at a fast clip
I fall asleep at the tiller
When I wake up I see Modigliani and Miller

Placements

We sit here giving feedback
To ensure there is no slack
So that smoothly goes tomorrow's dry run
I didn't know this was somebody's idea of fun

The scheduler blames the wing coordinator
This seems to be a game of passing the buck
It's a problem with the lowest common denominator
The entire process does suck

MRs and control desk exchange verbal blows
Its just another way that communication flows
Tired of making excuses lame
Finally on scheduling they put the blame

Questions are for asking
Lies are for masking
The truth, so that you may
Ensure jobs on placement day

Song for my mood: Wouldn't it be nice by the Beach Boys. Nice tune. Makes me feel very very happy and upbeat.

2 comments:

Aditi Das Patnaik said...

thanks for dropping by, very interesting poetry even though i may not be ready to pay you for 'em :)

Buls said...

hi.. Damn good... reminded me of all the boring ppts, lectures etc I have attended... thank god, its almost over