Wednesday, July 19, 2006

The Sailor

I'm a random wayfarer
Looking for the next wave
Trolling the deep sea
Resolute and grave

There is no respite
It demands too much
For a slow learner
No beginners luck as such

I take the tiller with hesitation
There is no guide
Trial and error
Its a rough ride

Storms there are many
But the sails seem to hold
But the rain its too much
And it makes me cold

Denizens of the deep
They just wait to pounce
You are just a tasty morsel
To be devoured to the last ounce

And when I've seen it all
And survived with scars intact
I begin a another journey
For that is a fact

If I do better
I get a new set of tools
And to pilot yet again
Another ship of fools

4 comments:

Zedekiah said...

Taken to the river high on wave, standing on the mast......well written....Intriguing as well, subtly so.....

but who are you........the sailor cadet or the kaptain?

Zedekiah said...

Master of his fate and Captain of his soul.
Merci Invictus for dropping by. I love to write and i love em Finnish!

shantanu said...

good one....can be related to a lot of things...

Anonymous said...

gud job bhobes!!!